Sunday 4 April 2010

Music Recording and my vulgar body

I know I am still very busy, but I will share a few experiences from making recordings of music.

My singing self can have food& fuel issues, an ordinary amount of foodstuffs inside my system is not necessarily enough for the task of singing. I don't know how you find it if you're a singer, but I tend to need to go into a session on a full stomach.

I also need to be very fully hydrated, but then when I recorded songs last time, I was burping here and there under such well-fed conditions which was of course undesirable... In normal circumstances, gentle burping here and there wouldn't be any significant issue, but while all of the recording equipment was out, it became challenging!

From the singing recently, the O sound has been stronger than most other vowels... It is hard work and even harder work at a recording, to the extent that I actually felt devastated after a recording session last time... I am a highly trained artist too and the tutors always said being a high-quality artist is a case of having minor nervous breakdowns from working so hard, I find this to be perfectly true, about us creative people.

I've been doing fast singing recently, wait, how the hell does it work to go from having such a remarkably traumatized heart to fast singing... it's so high-energy. Slow songs are kinder for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment